About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Proposition

Well, of course the day wouldn’t be complete without a little excitement, hence my visitor’s arrival. As I was peacefully reading, a young guy came up to me and started making small talk. I figure, people here are just friendly, oui? So I replied to his questions and comments politely in French, until he realized I spoke English. (I understood him perfectly, but was using the excuse that I only spoke a little French in hopes that he would get the hint and move on. Nice try. ) So then he started talking to me in English, and then it came. He asked me, “Would you kiss me?” I was as shocked as I imagine you are. I replied, as politely but forcefully as I could, “Um, no thank you, I’m just reading now.” He thanked me just the same and walked on. And so ended the experience of the strange, slightly shocking suggestion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh Good Call.

Unknown said...

what a crack up. Good for you!!. I've heard rumors about those frenchmen.