Yesterday I was feeling the frustration of the language and needed to get out, so off I trekked into Geneva, for no particular reason. I headed with Marvin to the university library, and ended up finding a cool book on the connection between romanticism and colonialism. While Marvin had accomplished what he had set out for, I was not ready to go back. So I took my book, and a couple of French newspapers, and settled down in the quad by the library. It was a very pleasant setting, lots of university students laying out in the grass studying, mothers taking their kids for walks along the path through the park, and people
playing chess and checkers on the giant sets. It felt like a nice Indian Summer : the trees were changing into lovely colors and you could feel a cool breeze, but it was still warm enough to enjoy being outdoors. So I settled in with my reading material under a nice tree and stayed there for about four hours, just reading, people-watching, experimenting with the settings on my camera, and closing my eyes to enjoy the day. 


No comments:
Post a Comment