Today is incomplete as I write this, but I thought I would share what has transpired thus far. I took what started out as a walk in the woods, and ended up as a hike forging my own trail. About five minutes from campus there are these woods with all these tiny trails going all through the forests and mountain, with a little stream and everything. At the edge of the forest you can see this huge canyon and all of Geneva and the lake. It’s lovely; the last time I went there I would take a trail for as long as it went until it started to resemble a path towards civilization, then I turned around and found a new path. It was so peaceful and secluded, I even saw four deer! So I set off there again, but this time I took a trail that went like straight up the mountain. I’m not sure how, but at some point I looked down and realized I was no longer on a trail but rather was forging my own, and fighting with the trees and bushes in the process. It took me a good 45 minutes, but I eventually, happily, arrived back at the trail.
Speaking of woods and animals…
Thursday night, Sarah left for volleyball, and came back about five minutes later with a weird look on her face asking for my flashlight. As I gave it to her, she said on her way up the hill to the gym, she had heard strange noises from the bushes. I figured she probably was just hearing things, until Friday night. I was in our hall when a group of girls came running up the stairs in a panic. After they caught their breath, they related to us that Sarah was not imagining things; they had just seen a wild boar! Turns out the school has warned girls about this situation in previous years, and this year is no exception. It was right outside the dorm, in between the dorm and the café, just ran right in front of them, tusks and all. Sorry, no picture. So, note to self and readers, when near the bushes in Collonge, watch out for wild boars.
2 comments:
I enjoyed reading about your hike up the mountain. I would like to see the beauty of the canyon and the lake near Geneva. Stay away from that wild boar!
Thanks for keeping us updated. In our little world hard to imagine folks that haven't had a taco. Wild pigs? That's scarey. Watch yourself.
Post a Comment