About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Friday, October 24, 2008

Paris Trip Day 2


Day 2 began with a visit to the chateau at Chambord, tres magnifique! It was unique in that there was a staircase where if one person was going up and another going down, they would never meet. I think I heard someone say that it was the largest chateau in the Loire valley, pretty impressive. We got a little modern with our photography, a little too modern actually. Stephen was trying to pull of a 'renaissance man' pose, but got yelled at (for the second time) by the museum staff. They looked at his ticket and said he didn't pay enough to take those kind of pictures, but if he wanted to pay more he could take all those pictures he wanted. Go figure.
Although the picture of the food is a little random and out of place, I just though I'd show our typical lunch for the week. The school gave us a good amount of money for us to buy our own lunch and dinner everyday, but thrifty us decided we could put our money to better use. So instead of paying for food, every morning at breakfast we took extra fruit, cheese, and croissants or baguettes, jelly or nutella, yogurt, etc., and with the help of Stephen's swiss army knife had a lovely picnic most days. After the chateau, we stopped at another town along the way, Chartes, and saw a nice cathedral before finally arriving in Paris.













No comments: