About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Meet Tara- The Dirty Dog

Well, today I had my first job! Yea! I had advertised myself as available to walk or take care of dogs, so a family called me and asked if I would wash their dog. I said sure, why not. Well, let me tell you, the picture does not fully convey the depth of this dog's dirtiness. She doesn't look that bad, but she smelled awful. People would try to pet her and would back away when they got a few feet from her- that's how strong it was. So I had the lovely task of cleaning said dog. See before and during pictures.

She actually was very well behaved and nice and sat there while I doused her and lathered her up. I drenched that dog in soap man. Who would have imagined the kind of vocabulary one would need when coming to a foreign country- I now know a few French dog commands. After I washed her, I whipped out the brush and dove in. It was slow going though, this was a shaggy, matted dog. So, out came the scissors. :) She probably looks really choppy and ridiculous now, but they said they didn't mind, and it made brushing her a lot less painful on both our parts. I tried to get most of the tangles out, but after a while she just looked so miserable, as you can see, that I decided we'd both had enough for one day. She certainly looked and smelled much better.






They have my number, so hopefully I will get another call sometime to go walk her or wash her again. Apparently she is quite the adventurer and doesn't stay clean for long. So there you have my Sunday morning; made a little cash just in time to go spend it in Paris and India! That's right, I head out early early tomorrow morning with the school for a week in Paris, get back late Friday night and catch a plane EARLY Saturday morning to spend a week and a half in Kolkata and Varanasi. So if I don't post anything between now and then, don't worry, I'll catch you up on all the adventures when I get back. Bon Voyage!

No comments: