About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Windsor, Stonehenge, Bath, Buckingham, and more










The next day we caught a bus and took a tour of Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and the city of Bath. Windsor was quite impressive, but unfortunately due to the bad planning of the tour group we hardly had any time there. Kenneth and I took many picture of Stonehenge, and we loved all the history in the city of Bath where the Romans had built their public baths. Sorry for the excessive pictures.
The next day we got up and saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and nearly froze our feet off. Afterwards, we went and took picture of Big Ben, Parliament, and Westminster Abby before heading off to West End to see what we all were looking forward to, The Phantom of the Opera! I had kind of grown up with this music, loved to play it on the CD player and the piano, sing along, watch the movie, read the book, you name it. When it started, I think we all got goose bumps it was that good. After the play, we completed our stay in London with Kenneth and I enjoying a panoramic night view of London via the London Eye, the world’s largest ferris wheel.

No comments: