About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Midnight Mass in Notre Dame


After the Moulin Rouge, we headed back to the hotel, but Kenneth and I went back out later that night to go to Midnight Mass at Notre Dame. There were massive amounts of people there; we had to stand outside and wait quite a while just to get in, and then after we got in there were no seats. I feel bad, because I got a lot more out of it than Kenneth. We were hoping to be able to hear some music, but we arrived just as one set of music was ending and had to leave just as more music was starting to catch the last metro. So we heard a lot of the speaking part of mass, which I understood some of but Kenneth didn’t get much. Good experience though.


The next day we didn’t have a whole lot planned since it was Christmas and nothing was open. We did manage to go to a Mexican restaurant, in Paris, on Christmas day. Explain the logic of that one to me, lol. Oh, let me take this opportunity to describe to you our … interesting hotel in Paris, it was pretty ghetto. You couldn’t open the room door without bumping into a chair for a desk right behind the door; you couldn’t close the sliding glass doors for the shower and the bathroom door at the same time, so you had to make a choice. The first day, I obviously chose the bathroom door, big mistake. That resulted in a flooded bathroom, so from then on Kenneth and I closed the shower door and just cracked the bathroom door. There were only two outlets in the entire room, and a sign that said only use these for hairdryers, anything else is dangerous. When the people in the floor above us flushed their toilet it sounded like a hurricane in our bathroom. These are just a few of the many eccentricities of our hotel.

No comments: