About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Vacation Begins










Well here I am, back in good old Collonges, settling once more into the familiar routine of life here. I have recently returned from Christmas travels with the family, so let me back up and briefly (unlikely) describe afore mentioned travels and share a few pictures. I’ve also updated the last couple of posts with the pictures they were missing. I'll post some of my favorite pictures here, but obviously I took a ton more I wish to share, so if you wish to view, go to http://picasaweb.google.com/travelswithkate where I posted the rest of them.

Mom, Dad, and Kenneth arrived Friday the 19th, obviously quite exhausted and jet-lagged. So we took it easy the first couple of days, just exploring Geneva and the campus. During that time they got to experience their first home-made crepes! Yum. Sunday, Kenneth and I went snowboarding, which was a blast. We did it European style, meaning there are little cafes and restaurants all along the mountain, so you ski down a bit, stop for something to drink, sit for about an hour, then continue on down. It was lots of fun, as you can see.














Monday we took off on the train for Paris. We arrived late Monday night, after many metro stops and questioning many people as to where the street for our hotel was. The next day we got up and I took them to the famous Eiffel Tower where we took many pictures, of course. We then went on a sight-seeing boat
ride, which was pretty cool. Later that afternoon, we walked around Notre Dame, the Champs Elysees, and the Arc de Triomphe. Kenneth and I even climbed to the top of the Arc; the view was gorgeous and so worth it.

No comments: