Just a brief note to explain how my new quarter's classes are going. Obviously a lot more of the same (Grammer, Spelling, Composition, Oral, etc.), but a bit more challenging now, and I have one really amazing elective. I'm taking a class called European Institutions from my favorite teacher Pierre, who is amazing.
Right now in the class we're discussing the European Union- the history of it, how it was formed, the purpose of it, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm still in school, but the first quarter didn't really feel like 'real' school, if you know what I mean. This class does. (Although Pierre told us it's more like a club than a class :) ) But it's cool; we don't have any homework, just a couple of tests that we can use our notes on. So he spends the hour lecturing us and discussing something I'm really interested in and will study and work with in the future. It's really good practice for when I study here later as well because all the classes will be in French and on a similar subject. So anyways, really cool class.
Oh, did I mention that's what my future plans are? If not, here's the reader's digest version. Finish here in June and come home for my brother's graduation (after an amazing week of travelling with my cousin!), live and work in Portland for the summer and take summer classes, then finish up at Walla Walla in a year in order to come back to Geneva (ASAP!) to do grad. school. I'm looking into two prorams: a Masters in Advanced Studies in Humanitarian Action, or a Masters in Humanitarian and Human Rights Law.
So, we are busy planning our February break (Morocco and Spain here we come! More on that as details get finalized...), I start my internship next week!, snowboarding for the next 3 Sundays, then another break in April to plan, a few 3 and four day weekends here and there in the Spring to visit friends doing internships in Brussels and Berlin perhaps, then June...
Speaking of June, I'm quite excited because I have a car lined up to buy at the end of the year! My cousin and I will be able to use it for our travels to Italy, I'll let a friend here use it for the year I'm at Walla Walla, and it will be here waiting for me when I get back to Geneva!
So, in summary, many exciting things. Wish you all were here to share in the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment