About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Busy but Enjoyable Days

Just a quick update before I run off to class. I started my iternship Monday, so today is Day 3. Let me just say, a little overwhelming but good. Here's why it's overwhelming. Ithe next week or two I need to basically be an expert on the UN- its history, structure, etc., any human rights current events taking place, and any meetings or conferences going on in the UN related to those current events so that if the director has a question about anything she can come to me. And, I have the task of helping to construct WFUNA's new human rights website which, from what I understand, is hoping to be a compilation of all human rights educational and interactive material already out there in addition to anything not currently available on other websites. Wish me luck!

Yesterday we watched the inauguration on CNN.com at work, pretty cool. Days are busier than ever now, but so good. I had a nice four month vacation and now it's back to being productive :) My typical days are now: class from 8:00-12:40, walk the 25 min. down the hill to catch the bus, then the tram to finally get to the UN (after about 1 Hr. 1/2 - 2hrs. travel time) , work from about 2:00-6:00, study at the University of Geneva's library for a few hours before making the trek back to school. So there you have it. Don't worry, I'm still getting plenty of studytime in for my classes, I got an 18 on my last grammer test, which is amazing! More later on other cool internship stuff etc.

No comments: