About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Monday, September 29, 2008

Mont Blanc and Chamonix











This Sunday morning, the school took us up the mountain to Chamonix and Mount Blanc in the Alps. Mount Blanc is the highest mountain in Europe, at around 12,000 feet! We took the cable car up to the top and it was gorgeous!! They already had snow; I think they might have snow all year, and so it was quite chilly. We walked around a bit, took a ton of pictures, (as you can see- sorry for the disorginization of all the pictures), got some hot chocolate, and then made the trek back down. You can walk down the mountain, and Raquel and I started too, but it takes about 2 hours, so we took the cable car the rest of the way down. Afterwards we had some free time in the small town of Chamonix, which I highly recommend to anyone in the area. Lovely little shops and restaurants. I even found a tiny little Nepalese/Indian store, where I purchased a lovely little travel pillow (to replace the one I lost in the plane) and she threw in a bag for free! Not a bad day in France.

1 comment:

Sweet Onion said...

crazy beautiful, Kathleen!

~Jen