Tamil Tigers, Tests, and sauce aux pommes
Getting to and leaving work yesterday was interesting. Local Sri Lankans were protesting yet again against the attrocities taking place in Sri Lanka. This time was the first time they actually sounded angry though, thus the police were out in full force. There was an expected 10,000 people there, according to a newspaper article. Today was our international standardized test, the same one we took at the beginning of the year. I had to take work off for it, and it was so weird to be able to eat lunch and dinner here at the caf. The test went quite well we all felt and we remembered how difficult it seemed at the beginning of the year compared to now. It’s a good feeling to know you’ve made progress and it will be great to see the tangible evidence when we get our results back. We don’t have any homework due to tomorrow, and I’m not getting back late from work, so on the nice relaxing evening, I decided to make applesauce for the first time! I collected apples from lunch and dinner and cooked them up and boiled them to bits, added a little lemon, and voila, applesauce! I’m now sitting, waiting for it to cool so I can put it in the fridge to have for breakfast tomorrow with our oatmeal. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment