The Big Move!
After we got back from the village, I made a big decision. The night before, I had experienced a terrible night. There were awful chemical fumes in the building from the construction, something like turpentine, and it reeked so badly. So when I got back to my room I threw open my windows, but it was freezing cold and storming outside. I put on a sweatshirt and fuzzy socks but was still cold. So now, I still have horrible fumes in my room, am cold, and have rain pouring into my room. B
ut what could I do? So I tried to go to bed, but I started coughing and got a headache and a stomach ache, so bad in fact I literally thought I was going to hurl in bed and moved the trash can closer just in case. So that’s how I spent my night, and it was the last straw for me. After that, I decided it was just not worth it and ridiculous to stay there, so Wednesday night was moving night. I had casually asked Leah at dinner what she was up to that night, meaning nothing behind it. But I went back to my room after dinner and she came up seconds later, announcing in her usual grand fashion that she took what she thought was my subtle hint at dinner and that she was there to help me pack. I had just planned on packing up my stuff and actually moving over the next day, but between the two of us we were so amazing we tackled the whole thing that night. She was great (and oh so excited about packing, as you can see); I would take stuff out of shelves and drawers and she would organize it and help me pack it, and then we got one of the deans to drive us over to the boys dorm and I was outta that wretched place in less than three hours and am now happily settled in the new room with Sarah. There is definitely less storage space here, and I’m not the hugest fan of the bunk beds, but it’s cleaner, quieter, everyone is here, a
nd it’s definitely been a good decision. Despite the little time that is left, we have settled in to our new home in an amazingly timely fashion and are quite pleased to be spending the rest of our time here.
I have included before, during, and after pictures of the process. 

No comments:
Post a Comment