About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Choir Concert in beautiful Victoria Hall

The next morning after our late return from Normandy would be the only day of the week I have an 8:00 class, so though weary and not having any desire to leave the comfort of my bed I managed to drag myself out to arrive in time for a pop oral test on euthanasia, which went well, and for our final grammar test. Tuesday after work, I met up with Leah and Renaud in Geneva to hear Renaud sing in the Uni. Of Gen.’s choir performance. They performed the Haydn Mass and Psalm 42 by Mendolhsenwith the orchestra and four soloists. It was an INCREDIBLE performance, AND it took place in the beautiful Victoria Hall, which I’d always heard about but had never been in. So I was so glad to hear an amazing performance in such a beautiful hall. Afterwards we hung out with Renaud’s daughter and husband and some of his choir friends, which was really good practice for the French. Leah was worried about getting back in time to study for her DELF the next day, (the European French exam we've been preparing for all year) ,but we told her at this point it’s a little too late to cram grammar rules in your head and the best thing is to hear and speak French. And today? Today is Wednesday and there was no class since the beginners are off in Annecy taking their DELF. I was able to have a relaxing morning and then rode my bike all the way to work this afternoon for my final day, in a skirt nonetheless, like a real professional city girl. I love it. It is currently a break in the Human Rights Council Special Session for Sri Lanka, after which I will go and study at the Uni. Of Gen., probably for the final time this year, in preparation for my DELF tomorrow; AHH!!! The death and doom of the DELF is descending upon me….

No comments: