This last weekend I headed up to Portland to see Kenneth and Candice and to celebrate once more his graduation with some of his friends. I arrived Thursday evening without too much difficulty (short of having Kenneth rescue me at Lloyd Center because I missed some turn and wasn't sure how to get to his place). Friday was relaxing; I got up and armed with Candice's good directions I took the MAX to downtown, where I did some jogging and relaxing walking along the boardwalk of the Willamettte River, stopped in the grass and did some stretches and ab exercises before continuing on to Powell's bookstore, where I headed straight to the French section. I was so excited when I heard a family speaking French! I met up with Candice for lunch, which ended up being greek food off of a street vendor. I then accompanied her to the Court House where she had an errand to run for work, got some clean clothes from her to change into, and headed back in the direction of her house, so I thought. Turns out I got on the MAX going the wrong direction. As Kenneth put it, I can navigate Spain, Morocco, India, the UN, and numerous other countries, but when it comes to Portland... So after arriving in Beaverton and realizing that's not where I want to be, I got off, switched directions, got back on, and met Kenneth at Jamba Juice. After killing some time, we picked up Mary Lynn, a friend who was also staying at Candice's, and Candice and headed to Multanomah Falls where we casually hiked to the top. We came back hungry, and threw together some guacamole and pita bread with fixings, and after staying up till three in the morning talking, finally called it a day. The next day, we obviously slept in quite late, then I convinced Candice for the third time to take the scissors to my hair. I don't know why I keep having such confidance in people in this respect. It never turns out bad... just no
t quite what I wanted. I showed her a picture of the length it was in December to give her an idea how short, but let's just say it turned out a bit shorter. Afterwards, we threw together pina coladas and mango lassis and Kenneth, Adam, and Nari came over to partager avec nous (share with us). I left shortly after and thoroughly enjoyed my weekend with th
e gang.
No comments:
Post a Comment