Discovering Dijon avec les garcons

No school on Friday since the advanced students were taking their test. So that night, Sarah and I made all kinds of apple goodness, ie apple crumble and applesauce, during which I showed off the apron my friend Shanelle had sent me for my birthday. The next morning Sarah and I had fun getting dressed up to go to French church for the last time together. 
A few hours after church, Leah and I parted for our last travelling adventure together of the year! We were headed to Dijon for the weekend. One of the guys we had met in Barcelona, and again saw in Lyon for a day, invited us to Dijon for the weekend since we didn’t have school on Monday for Pentecost. He and Leah are so funny together; they have similar, vivacious personalities and are
always amusing to watch. Included is a short video displaying their craziness in the form of dancing while brushing their teeth. So off on our train we
went, greeted upon our arrival by Gregori and his friend Ahmed, originally from Tunisia, been living in Italy for three years, and was now staying with him in Dijon trying to get settled there. So that night we met some of their friends and hung out. The next day we slept in quite late but went off to a town about an hour away where Gregori works to see a medieval horse race. The race itself wasn’t that exciting, but the town was really nice. Afterwards we came back and went to a BBQ at a friend’s house befo
re calling it a night. Monday we got up and finally saw the town of Dijon, guided by our local resident Gregori. We ended up missing our train back by like a minute, but we easily exchanged our tickets and got an hour more in Dijon and even got back to Geneva before we had planned, with much sadness to depart despite the additional hour. Nothing terribly exciting, but it was so fun to see our friends again, another region in France, and speak French the entire weekend. Actually, Ahmed’s French was only slightly better than mine, so since Gregori spoke Italian as well, there was a lot of Italian and French going on that weekend and very little English. I was so excited, between my French and Spanish I couldn’t get it word for word but I could usually get the general gist of the conversation. It made for interesting communication and good times! I haven’t laughed that hard in a very long time and had SUCH a good weekend. 
No comments:
Post a Comment