Tuesday, March 10, 2009
The Bittersweet Number 93
So, I am currently killing time and avoiding work I should be doing, so I did one of the things I was known for when I was little. Ok, I confess, I still do it. For those who who were around me near the time of my birthday, I'm sure you'll vividly recall the daily countdowns. Normally I do not countdown to things I am dreading, but just out of curiosity, and to tell a friend back home, I counted down how many days till I fly home. 93. That is the number of days till I leave this beautiful land and all its glory. I now wish I hadn't counted, because having a number makes it all the more real that yes, it is true, I will be leaving one day all too soon. Less than 100 days until I will no longer view Geneva and Le Saleve from my bedroom window. Less than 100 days until I can no longer take a flight to another country for twenty dollars. I realize I could continue in this manner for quite some time, but you get the point. I will try to focus instead on the fact that I still have almost 100 more days here, and that I get to see all the friends and family I've been missing in less than 100 days. Yea for being an optimist!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think you should write a song with that title. I love you
Kathleen, I have so enjoyed the stories your mom has shared with me and the times I've popped in on your blog. What a wonderful experience you've had. Rich.
Your folks are so proud of you. Heck, I am too and I hardly know you!!! You enjoy those last 93 days. Helen Witherspoon
Post a Comment