About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Monday, August 23, 2010

The days of summer

As you can imagine, due to my lack of postings, it has been quite a busy summer. Jon was working an average of 30 hour weeks as a painter, as well as taking 4 credits of Hittite. I was tutoring a girl in French 2 hrs a week, doing some grading off and on for a History professor, and taking 12 credits, including calculus. And we were planning our wedding. And we were getting our visas ready to move to England for grad school. Slightly busy...

Calculus was definitely the worst though. It took up an average of four hours a day and much of my energy. It probably didn't help that I hadn't taken a math class in about 4 years (since high school). The professor was extremely understanding though, and despite all the hours of frustration and worrying the night before tests, I still managed to pull of a B !! Thanks Dr. Haynal for giving me so much credit just for drawing pictures on the story problems!!

I also took an online religion class, Inspiration and Revelation, which Sarah and Andrea were also taking. That class was nice since it was online I could be fairly flexible about it and even finished it early. I was taking two credits of independent study reading for history; I chose to do it on North Africa. Now, ideally, I would have been reading all summer and it would have been perfectly fine to read 2,000 pages over the course of 8 weeks. But no, I had other things to do and didn't manage to get around to reading really until the last two weeks of classes or so. My last class was a three week religion class, Luke and Acts, which flew by extremely fast. All in all, it ended well, though right now I'm just glad it ended! Three months after graduation and I am finally DONE with my undergraduate degree! On to my masters!

No comments: