Today Leah, Sarah, Stephen and I formed our own ski club and set off for the mountain. It was goregous; at least two feet of fresh powder, just waiting for us to make our tracks. We ended up splitting up quite early, which turned out fine since we have quite different skiing styles. Sarah and Stephen enjoying going down fast, while Leah and I enjoy going at a slower pace, stopping to take pictures, and have fun rolling in the snow. : )
We had so much fun, we found little paths in the trees, took tons of pictures (obviously), made snow angels, improved my carving drastically, and tried to see each other through the massive fog. It wasn't too bad though, all the powder, just a bit of fog, no wind, so not too bad. We did find the little kids park, which included massive cardboard cut-outs of Indians and real walk-in teepees, and more.
We also rode the crazy lift, which consisted of a pole stuck between your legs. Definitely not made for snowboarders. The first time, I did it fairly well, the second time was not as lucky. It went a lot faster and right before the top there were huge bumps on the run that I was not prepared for, and it threw me off and kicked me into the snow, knocking the wind out of me. I am not a fan of these lifts.
Overall, it was great fun and quite a good workout. Though now I will be up later than I would like studying for tests, I am definitely glad I went and feel socially recharged before another week of work and school.
No comments:
Post a Comment