I realize I haven't written anything since the return from my travels, but really not a whole lot has happened. Last Tuesday we had school off for Armistice Day, yea for the end of WWI! Thus that night a group of us decided to get out and do something, so we went into Geneva and had some fun.
First off I finally purchased my Swiss SIM card and can now make local calls for much cheaper, which is exciting. Afterwards, we found the local theatre and went and saw the new James Bond movie. I'm not sure when it first came out here, but we saw it on Nov. 11 and from what I understand it wasn't out yet in the US. Yea for us getting things before you all :) We hadn't eaten dinner yet, so a few of us ran to a grocery store across the street and snuck in bread and nuts and chocolate. Mmm... The chocolate was amazing. Swiss creamy, coffee flavored chocolate with pieces of nugget inside. Oh man. My mouth's watering again just thinking about it.
After the movie we weren't quite ready to head back, so we stopped in a little cafe and got teas and coffees and just sat and talked for over an hour. Very relaxing and nice.
Other than that, not a whole lot of noteworthy things have been going on, just the usual classes and such. Oh, I hate to say anything unless I actually get it, because then people will be asking about it and I won't want to talk about it if I don't, but I applied for an intership. More details on that to come if I actually get it; don't hold your breath but I'd be thrilled if I did, obviously. The weather is getting quite brisk and winter is right around the corner, but for now I'm enjoying the last of fall by going on lots of long runs. Today's weather remind me of Walla Walla in the winter, lots of fog and damp, chilly air. We have officially three and a half weeks until Christmas Vacation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment