The other night I decided to trust my roommate with some scissors and give me a trim, rather than going to an expensive salon and paying beaucoup de l'argent (a lot of money). Let me reiterate that I asked her for a TRIM. I specifically wanted to just cut the ends off so it could grow a bit faster and I could grow it out again. I did tell her she could give me layers. Well, apparently she took that as a licence for a whole lot more....
There we are, in the kitchen of the dorm, her happily snipping away, me sitting there, quite unaware of what was taking place. I started to get a little nervous when I reminded her, "just a trim Sarah" and she replies, "well... it might be a bit more than a trim.... " Oh dear; not a good sign.
She finished up, so I went into the bathroom to look and was left speechless. What had begun as a request for a simple trim turned into something completely different. I was stunned and shocked but was trying to be a good sport about the whole thing. No, it wasn't what I originally wanted, but I'm not usually that picky about my haircuts; it's just hair and it grows back and you just work with what you have. Let me just say I have not had my hair this short in a very VERY long time, if ever. So I went to bed that night still in disbelief about how little hair I had left, but the next morning I played with it a bit, styled it up, and it was hard for it not to grow on me when I got so many positive compliments on it that reassured me that no, I do not look like a boy (don't worry, it's not THAT short), and yes, it does look really cute and chic and fun.
Alas, you will not be able to view any pictures for about three weeks unless you have Facebook. My parents and brother are coming to visit me for Christmas, so I decided to wait on posting pictures to see their reaction in person, it'll be more fun that way; afterwards I'll post pictures for the rest of ya'll. Ironic, normally people grow their hair out in the winter and cut it in the spring and summer, but no, not me :) So thank you to Sarah for giving me something I would not have asked for but turned out quite nicely.





No comments:
Post a Comment