 |
| Lake Park |
 |
| Ready for fun in the sun! |
Spring has come to Suncheon and summer is not far behind! People are out frolicking in the beautiful weather, fountains are going at the park, and we have busted out our sunglasses! It's so nice to be in warmer weather again, I even started running at the park on a semi-regular basis in between junior classes. Speaking of junior classes, I had a lot of fun with my debater 1 class this term. Half of them I had the term before in pre-debater, and half of them I'd had two terms ago in another lower class. It was an interesting mix. I tried to get the more experienced ones to kind of mentor the newer ones, and I think it worked out pretty well. We also did extra fun stuff like showing videos of Obama speeches to help them with their gestures, and showing videos of Prime Minister's Questions to encourage them to be bold with interrupting people if they have a question or comment to make during the debate. I also introduced the idea of citing sources to them, which was completely foreign to them :) I think they've turned into pretty good debaters already!
Another exciting event that happened during the beginnings of spring was that we had western potluck! Normally at church the Korean junior teachers take turns making Korean food for potluck, but we convinced the pastor and the deaconesses to let us try for a week. It was a lot of work making food for about 50 people, but it was soooo good and totally worth it. We changed the way we did our Saturday program and have started to have a few students start to come to church, which is exciting and we hope it will continue. Spring in beautiful in Suncheon South Korea!
 |
| Western Potluck |
 |
| Students joining us for church |
No comments:
Post a Comment