Although technically our 6 month wedding anniversary didn't exist (Feb. 29), we were not about to let that hinder us from celebrating ! We each chose one surprise activity, I was in charge of dinner, and Jon was in charge of dessert. For my activity, after the sixth time of trying, I finally found a place where we could go ice-skating! Unbeknownst (sp?) to me, I had also found the only split level rink in England ! We travelled about 20 minutes by train to the small town of Doncaster (of all places to have such a unique rink), walked 2 miles, and finally strapped our skates on! The slope was admittedly a bit scary, but uphill was actually no problem at all. It was a bit crowded with munchkins, but it was funny to watch them with their little penguin helpers for those who were a bit unsteady on their skates. Afterwards, we came home and for dinner I tried to replicate a dish we had tried one of our first weeks in York at this amazing Italian restaurant. It was a pasta dish with several kinds
of cheese (I used parmesan and gorganzola), toasted pecans, and PEAR! I'm sure it wasn't quite like the restaurant, but it was so rich and good, we loved it. Paired with some exciting sparkling fruit drink, vegetables, fresh sourdough bread, and a creamy soft garlic and herbed cheese spread, I'd call the meal a success. After cleaning up a bit and letting all the cheese settle into our tummies, we went down the road where we found the nearest thing to a banana split Britain has to offer. Sliced bananas in a dish with toffee ice cream and chocolate covered honeycomb. Not a bad substitute I'd say! The next night we went for salsa dancing lessons in Huntington, taxi and everything! I donned my skirt and heels and dancing we went! I'd definitely say it was a learning experience, and hopefully we'll remember the sweet moves the next time we go :)
No comments:
Post a Comment