About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finals Week

Well Christmas break has officially begun!! Three cheers for that! Sorry it's been so long since I've written, but you really haven't missed out on a whole lot. Let me back up to the most exciting thing I can remember. The quarter was coming to a close, the last week was chalked full of tests.

One such test, was an oral one where a partner and I had to get up in the class and have a dialogue on a given subject for a few minutes. Well, my roommate and I put off writing and memorizing a script for our dialogue, so the morning of, we decided to just kinda wing it and improvise. We had a basic idea of what we wanted to say, and at the end we knew we wanted to say, as our signal to each other that we were done, "quel dommage", so there you have it. So everyone else gets up to do theirs, and it's all scripted and formal and some can't remember their lines, and they're like 3-4 minutes. Sarah and I get up there and have a grand old time and just have a conversation with each other and went on and on for about 6-7 minutes and then we kinda looked at each other and were like, ok I think we're done, and we both said, unintentionally, at the same time, "quel dommage!". We sat down, the teacher said, wow, that was really long and really good! Did you prepare a lot for it? And at first we joked and said, yes of course, but then we told her it was improved and she was even more impressed. So that went well, as did my last grammer test. Well, unfortunetly, I have much more to write but the library is about to close, so this is to be continued...

No comments: