About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Friday, July 8, 2011

The Pace of our Days

Date Night with one handsome husband!
I've known it's been a while since I last wrote for quite some time now.  However, every time I sat down to write, I realized we had done so few things that I would usually consider post-worthy I never bothered.  Not to say that there is something amazing to write about now, but still.


Mmmm...gelato
Our days have settled into more or less of a routine.  Depending on the week, I work anywhere from 15-25 hours at Subway.  Jon has now finished his job at the University and this coming week will be starting some casual work at the National Railway Museum.  When we're not working, we usually try to avoid research as much as possible :)  Popular ways to do this include:  Reading aloud 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' (Jules Verne), Super Mario Kart, watching Friends, baking, and exercising (I'm currently training for a 10 K).


Casual Church Quintet
This is not to say that research never gets done.  On the contrary, sometimes it is amazing how many hours in the day actually do exist and how much research we manage to get done, despite our best efforts at ignoring it.  We have, up to this point, spent a considerable amount of time researching, reading, typing up quotes, and preparing our bibliography.  We have around 50 sources each.  Here it is, about a week and a half from when we leave for Paris and Geneva, and it's sadly (?) time to transition past the reading stage and into writing.  Hoping to have my literature review section done by the end of next week to send to my supervisor for comments...


An afternoon in the park

Other than this, life is pretty quiet here in York.  We had a small get-together for fourth of July, with guests mainly comprising of the descendants of our former colonizers.  Exciting news now is that after a quick purchase this week, at 12:09 AM on this 9th of July, it is now exactly  two months away from us arriving in PDX airport!  Don't worry Portland (and Auburn),  after a dreary, cold and wet summer in York, your rain is far less intimidating to this desert girl.  At least your weather actually gets above 70 degrees on a regular basis (as a proper summer should)!

No comments: