About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Really?!

I've had my last dead week. My last final (we're forgetting about summer classes for the moment). My last essay and paper and annotation. It doesn't seem possible. Maybe it's the weather. It's been cold and rainy for quite a while here and just doesn't seem like the end of the year. But I do see people moving out...people driving away I'll never see again... Logically I know that in the next day or two family and future in-laws will soon start arriving. To see us graduate? Really? It just isn't computing yet. It's a good thing the wedding isn't till the end of August, because my poor brain has a lot to process already. So many wonderful things to wrap my head around. I'm marrying the most wonderful man and my best friend. I still can't believe it. We're both very successful graduating in three days! We're going to be living in York, England for a year pursuing our Masters degrees!? It just doesn't seem possible. One step at a time I suppose. Tomorrow we have graduation rehearsal. We joke that we are going to learn and practice how to march, but really I think it's the school helping us get used to the idea of being graduates. We need to do it twice for it to really sink in. Four years full of travels, all nighters, zillions of pages read and papers written and material studied. Two degrees, almost a minor, meeting the most amazing of friends, and my partner in crime. Thanks mom and dad, I'd say it's most definitely and assuredly been worth it.

1 comment:

ML said...

Ahhh, thanks. Brings tears to my eyes to think my youngest is at this point in her life. And what an amazing life it's been so far. You have been blessed and the wonderful thing is, you realize it. God can and will continue to do amazing things with you and Jon, if you are in tune to Him. Our goal was to have you know Him, give you a good start in life and set you on the right path. I'd like to think we did that. ILYMOA Mom