To your right, you will see a picture of us on our six month anniversary at Hat Rock State Park. Today, though, is our seven month anniversary! Hurrah! The first one as an engaged couple!Exciting news on the academic front: I finished, have it approved and presented my senior history paper!! No more talk of the UN or NGOs or conferences for a very very long time for me thank you very much. On a similar note, I applied for a history department scholarship and just found out I will receive $5,000 for grad school! Hooray! Now that my big paper and smaller essays are all done, the only things left are a TON of reading, a French exiting exam, and two finals. Before summer classes begin that is.
On the wedding front: My mom drove up yesterday afternoon so I could show her some things I had been looking at, namely, a wedding dress!! Two of the bridesmaids were able to come, and the consensus was that a certain dress I tried on was, "the one". We got it :) I love it :) We also picked up our wedding bands that had been resized, went to the park to check out the venue, went to the florist and discussed our options, the decoration rental place where I think we will rent columns, and finally a craft store. Whew. Quite the afternoon. And that was all before I presented my paper, received the scholarship, and had a 7 month anniversary indoor picnic later that night. And so the planning continues.
We are now home for the weekend, next weekend my backpacking class is going on their big trip, then Memorial Day weekend we're going to Jon's, and then it's finals and graduation! This can all come not a moments too soon, as senioritis has hit hard...
No comments:
Post a Comment