


This weekend...where to begin... well, I suppose I'll begin with Friday and explain how we have lately been doing things completely out of order. Both our parents were coming up this weekend. To meet for the first time. They knew why. Jon was going to ask my dad a question. My dad knew what it was. This was no big secret. There has been talk for several weeks now, but I wanted to wait till it was officially official before I blurted it out to anymore people. Jon wanted to wait to ask my dad in person before he asked me... so I was DYING for this weekend and my parents to hurry up and get here ! When I found out that's what he was waiting for I asked my parents if they could come up the next day :) Suffice it to say, I managed, barely, to wait. Parents arrived Friday for the Prism concert, bearing unbelievable amounts of good food (enough to feed a small army till Christmas of 2012), a new camera to replace mine which full of sand and snow, and a toaster to allow me to toast my waffles instead of broiling them in the oven! :) Friday night Jon had the talk with my parents and all was well. Sabbath the family came to church and heard us perform (lame) choir songs, and we enjoyed lunch together before the parents parted. Sunday morning we somehow managed to get a small amount of homework done before the excitement began. Jon told me to be ready to leave at 4:15 sharp, so in our excitement we were both ready by 4:05 :) I had been trying to guess the whole time how this was going to happen, and after immediately guessing his first two ideas of going to the windmills or going horseback riding, I thought, I know ! You have two friends that are aviation majors!

I bet we're going to Martin's field and going to go flying ! Well, I thought it was a little outlandish, but why not. So we left yesterday, and when he turned the opposite direction of the small airstrip, I started to get really confused. After a flurry of guessing on my part, we pulled into the real Walla Walla airport where his friend Anthony was waiting for us with his little prop plane. I got all excited and shouted "we are going flying we are we are !" So we hopped in, and after a brief tutorial from our pilot we were off ! We flew past downtown and saw the Marcus Whitman, past College Place and the campus, and back up towards the blue mountains, passing endless farmlands. I glanced behind our seats and saw his guitar stashed there and began wondering how on earth he was going to manage something musical in this tiny loud plane. He thought of that also and wisely waited till we had landed back at the airport before taking out the guitar. He escorted me to a nearby picnic table where he sang and played our song, "Real Love", by John Lennon. My eyes started welling up at the thought of what I knew was coming, and I knew he was close to tears also when he shakily told me not to cry. He finished the song... got down on one knee... and told all the wonderful things you dream a proposal will be made of. Told me how I'm his partner in crime and best friend and talked about how much we love each and will continue doing so... and the rest is history! :) He asked the question, and I most assuredly said yes before I'd even seen the ring. It is sure pretty though !! The main stone is a pretty blue saphire (to match my eyes he said), with small diamonds on either side. Afterwards we went to dinner where I kept stealing glances at the shiny object on my hand. I told him, between planning and looking at my hand, I'm never going to get anything done anymore :) Planning has already begun, of course. August 29th is the big day (about two weeks after summer classes end and about a month before we leave TOGETHER! for York), here in Walla Walla in Pioneer Park. Our "Save the Dates" are in the mail on their way here, we begin pre-marital counseling tomorrow with the pastor who has already agreed to marry us, colors are picked (flowers a deep reddish pink and white, dresses and groomsmen's ties pale green), we have our attendants and our musically gifted friend in charge of all music. We waste no time :)
WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!



1 comment:
I was waiting for this!!! I am soo excited for you! Oh my goodness, this is so exciting!!!
Post a Comment