About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

That which brings me joy

Sometimes one is struck by all the little things. The small things in life that catch your breath and make you smile and make you feel lucky to be alive at that exact moment. They are not monumental things, but rather the small but extraordinary beautiful things. I love these times and try to never take them or where they came from for granted. Here are just a few examples.

Yesterday I had gotten very little sleep because of homework. It was late morning and I was finishing an essay due that day and was so tired. Jon brought me my favorite coffee. Which he had carried to me while riding his bike.

We decided yesterday to have class outside and experience the glorious day. The wind soon picked up and it got a little chilly. I texted this sudden change of weather to Jon and how I wished I had brought my jacket. He brought me his.

I like gourmet food, but I am simple at heart. Last night's late night snack was chips and red and green salsa mixed together, followed by the new favorite dessert, graham crackers, cinnamon, applesauce, and peanut butter. Yum.

Today the weather is back to being surreal in January. I tell myself to revel in it and soak it up before mother nature realizes it's still technically winter. For the moment I can leave the house in a skirt and t-shirt and be perfectly happy riding my bike to class with the wind through my hair.

For this exact moment, I am caught up in school work, will be hearing back from my prospective grad schools hopefully within the next few days (which contains a certain amount of nervous anticipation, no doubt, but also contentment and excitement about the schools I applied to and how cool they are ), an active Amnesty Club who truly cares about the world and puts that concern into action, the weather is good enough to fool you into thinking it's April instead of January, I have a boy who loves me so much it melts my heart and shows me so in a million different ways every single day (and vice versa), friends who support me in my passions, and family to plan trips to Ireland and Scotland with. I could go on, but suffice it to say, life is good. Life is better than good, it is the best adjective you can think of.

1 comment:

Sara said...

This post makes me so happy! I'm so glad you have such joy in your life! keep us posted about everything!!!