About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Turkey and Trans-Siberian Orchestra















It is Tuesday of Turkey Day break and I should have so much more done than I do. Such is the expected lack of productivity during holidays.

But first, let us revel in the glory of the day that was last Sunday. My uncle was visiting for a few days, so br
ight and early Sunday morning my parents, my uncle and I loaded up and headed off for Portland where we met Candice, Adam, Kenneth, and Jon! On the way there, the pass was not too treacherous, but there were three or four entire pine and evergreen trees down in the middle of the road. Our trusty Suburban rolled right over them and on we drove.

First stop was a place where one can spend hours and hours, Powell's bookstore! Claiming an entire city block, as well as the holder of the most books for sale in the world, Powell's is quite easily dubbed amazing. Jon and I found a copy of Erasmus' translation of the New Testament from Greek to Latin, for only $2,100 none the less. I did manage to find a more affordable purc
hase, A Moveable Feast by Hemingway in French to use for one of my classes.

After Powell's, we all migrated a couple of blocks to enjoy a tasty Thai lunch filled with curries, drunken noodles (so tasty), and fried bananas. It was then time for the main event which we had all been anticipating for months, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert !! Needless to say, it too was amazing. A solid three hours o
f melodious music to begin the Christmas season was enjoyed by all before parting ways to begin my thus far unproductive week. I had such grand hopes for what would be accomplish, including papers written, books read, and grad school applications completed....Please send motivating thoughts my way.

No comments: