About Us

My photo
Oak Harbor, Washington, United States

Friday, October 16, 2009

And then, there's the social life

It's only been a month, but it's fair to say I've already been more social in that month than I was either of my previous two years here at WWU. After realizing last year what it's actually like to have some fun and that it's actually possible to do so while in school, I'm taking full advantage this final year.

I'm technically working two jobs, (tutoring French and grading papers for the music department), but working like 1/4 of what I was working before. Which means if Sarah says, "hey wanna go get coffee with me?", I can actually say yes. What a concept. It's a mindset.

So let's see, reader's digest version, so far we've had a birthday crepe night at my place for Jared's birthday (which was interesting first of all trying to tweak the batter recipe to account for wheat flour, and well as fitting 10 people in my tiny place), many trips to the local coffee shop for chai, a couple of trips to Portland, bowling (including Jared's very eight and a half month pregnant wife, we only let her bowl once), Fiddler on the Roof night, symphony, and of course many dinners at my place or Sarah's or Jared's or Christa's , etc. So nice.

Speaking of social life... I guess now is as good a time as any to mention a newly discovered aspect of my social life....that's right. It's about a boy. His name is Jon, and as of a few days ago, we are officially official. Weird, I know. It's so funny too, word got around REALLY fast, and every time someone sees me lately, they get this funny look in their eyes and start laughing and giggling, and when I ask them 'what?' they just say nothing and keep giggling. I don't know why they find it so funny. He's a really really great guy though. :)

No comments: