| How the Campbells celebrate :) |
It's official! We are hereby done writing our dissertations! Some minor revising, a trip to the printer to get it bound, and we will be ready to hand these suckers in !! Jon finished last night, with a grand total of 13,555 words, and I quickly followed this morning before work, totaling in at 12,250
words (about 55 pages). What an incredible thing, to be done! Jon pointed out that it takes 21 days to form a habit, and we have definitely been writing more than 21 days. I started about mid July, and our research began long before that. It hasn't really set in yet...it still feels like we have to write 300-500 words each night. Whatever will we do with ourselves? Lately it has been the case that Jon and I have unfortunately worked exact opposite shifts, he would be off for four days while I would be working, then the next four days I would be off and he would be working. And then at nights when we were both off, we wrote. (It sure made us appreciate Sabbath more, being the only day we were both off!) It also hindered us from doing a few fun things we are hoping to do before we leave, like go to the Minster one last time and go to the top of the bell tower this time, go to the art gallery, etc. And now we can! It's so good to have this stress gone, just in time for our anniversary getaway to Scarborough on Monday! Still hard to believe we are not students anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment