This quarter has kept me in the books, no doubt about that. I would estimate I probably have about 150-200 pages of assigned reading per day. This Monday I need to finish reading and annotating a 440 page book for my African American Experience class, which I should be reading right now, since I'm only on page 155...
Last week was midterms, thus I wrote 16 pages worth of essays in a span of three days. Isn't that what everyone does for midterms? I guess that's what I get for taking three history classes. They were some intense mornings, let me tell you , but as I have been getting back my grades on them it appears the time was well spent. I have the 3rd draft of my senior history paper due tomorrow, 27 pages to date! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! After that draft is done, I will then have the opportunity to start on another paper due at the end of the quarter, though this one only needs to be about seven pages. It is for my Medieval and Early Modern Christianity class, which is always amusing. Most memorable quote to date- Dr. Dodds stating that Sittner dorm was a "den of iniquity". :)
There is one class that is significantly less intensive though, a french cognate entitled "Methods of Teaching Modern Languages". I was, shall we say, lacking in enthusiasm at the prospect of taking this class, but it has actually turned out to be fairly fun and relaxed. It's a three credit class which is supposed to meet from 5-8 Tuesday nights, but we have never gotten out later than ~6:30, and food is usually involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment