Tuesday night, I decided to take advantage of what Geneva had to offer. Time is sadly and quickly running short and I don’t want to leave and realize there were things I could have done and didn’t. And so, despite the fact that no one else was interested in going, I set off to hear a cello/piano concert in Cern, just on the outskirts of Geneva. You may have heard the name since that is where they are doing some kind of particle testing. I managed to get there okay, but just like last time I had some difficulty finding the building. So I asked some girl where it was, who looked to be maybe a couple years older than me. As we were walking, I asked her what she did here and she casually responded, “Oh I’m a physicist”. Oh. Ok. So the concert was wonderful; I love the cello. Except for one exception where they did a piece from some large movement by Stravinsky, after which me and the guy in the back who was covering his ears decided this particular, extremely dissonant Russian classical music is not our favorite cup of tea.
The rest of the week passed fairly uneventfully, which brings me to today, Saturday! Nearly everyone else has left for Greece, save a few people who are still here on campus for a few days. I am chilling here until Tuesday night, when Dallin flies in and we will spend Wednesday in Geneva and then Thursday take off for Zurich, Salzburg, and Vienna. Until Tuesday, I plan to take full advantage of the fact that I am not in the office (except for Monday and Tuesday afternoon when I will work), and enjoy the sunshine and great spring weather as much as possible. I have planned many long runs to Geneva and elsewhere, and today I plan to hike the Saleve; I love Switzerland in the spring!
( I have included a couple of pictures of flowers in Geneva (that are in the shape of a clock), as well as a flower that's in bloom in our room. Leo gave it to us when he moved out to care for until he found a place. He has now found a place and we are currently in a custody battle over the flower. Update to follow on the verdict.)
1 comment:
I hope you win the custody battle. Just so you know, I am willing to be a character reference should it come to that. (PS don't forget the carousel!!)
Post a Comment